Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52

Thread: What you've all been waiting for...

  1. #1
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wasn't really prepared for the heaps of praise that Christmas Leftovers got. For something I slapped together in a day, everyone seems really into it.

    So encouraged by this, and after 3 and a half hours of uploading on a shitty dial-up connection, I present to you the long fabled Angry and Moist: An Undead Chronicle.

    banner title

    It's a zombie movie, of course, so this will immediately put some people off. But for those willing, give it a look.

    It's the project I'm most proud of, in terms of story, camera-work, editing, production design etc, so I'm interested in how people will view something I put all my effort into, as opposed to tossing off in a day. We had a schedule on this for Chrissakes.

    Enjoy. (44MB, 25 minutes)

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I never praised your work....

    I just said that I never expect your work to be good--So when you have low expectations you are more often able to stomach something.

    Good Luck
    PS--I don't think I will download you masterwork.
    PPS--Keep on being Keepin' on(in an Undead kinda way).

  3. #3
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Untamed Aggression:
    For something I slapped together in a day, everyone seems really into it.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Everyone, with a few exceptions, of course [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Initiate's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2004
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm downloading, I'm intreasted in it, saw soem of it in your movie reel i think, that was on your site.

    It's downloading, 2% so far. Looking ofward to it, i like zombie flicks.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member emjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    747
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well....

    I didn't watch it completely. I watched about the first half, then skipped the parts that seemed repetetive. That was the biggest problem I had with your film, it was too repetetive. 25 minutes is really a long time for a person to continuously go down his cellar, reanimate a dead body, then chopp his head off. New person comes in, fight, attain zombie status, reanimator chopps head off.

    As for the shots, they were ok. Can't really complain here. Liked some of the lightning you used.

    As for directing actors, this was ok as well, but most of them were pretty straight forward, if you know what I mean. They delivered the lines, the acted the intentions, but didn't bring anything extra. That's something I have to work on myself as well. A trick to use with actors that really don't have any backstory, but make them look interesting on the screen is to make them afraid of something off camera. They don't have to show it, you don't even have to see it when watching, but when they keep glancing, or deliberately keep avoiding eye contact it gives an extra dynamic to bland characters. (Afraid is just an example, you could do anything here. It's a tip a professional actress gave a friend of mine, and he gave to me, and now I give to you).

    Anyways, it was ok, some of the lines were funny and gave me giggles. Other than that, it was a bit too long and repetetive.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member eidde's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2003
    Posts
    362
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thought it was shite [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    A great waste of time!

    Other than that to be a little filmic and critical, some of the edits could have been a little finer. The lighting was a up and down, the blood effects should have been MUCH better, and you cant act for chips....
    But what do I know?

    Good music, and good gags though, I thought.

    Congratulations.

    A couple of scenes were really good, the Zombies Crowding in on Crests assistant, was perfect. Some of the timing of edits was great. Timing jokes when editing is really hard (since youve watched it a million times by then) and I think you acheived most of them. And the two Mormons made me genuinley laugh.

    The special effects let it down a bit. I think it deserved better.

    Blah blah blah...

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 06, 2005 06:16 AM: Message edited by: eidde ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Chance1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 4th, 2000
    Posts
    1,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    not that i can download it for about 2 weeks, but its the first film on this board in a long time that i actually want to see from reading people's above comments.

    will the hype urm....

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member miker's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 16th, 1999
    Posts
    2,621
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, it's far from slick, but that's what multi-million pound budgets are for!

    THE GOOD
    Music was fantastic and well placed to help the visuals. It's uncredited so I'm guessing it's ripped from somewhere else? (naughty!)
    I like the story. I like HP Lovecraft stories and mythos anyway - your pastiche made me chuckle.

    THE BAD
    You stole that music ...
    Why was the shovel suddenly upstairs?! For such a pivotal plot point to be based on a continuity error is really bad form IMO. (or did I miss something? In which case you must realise some of us are really really dumb)

    THE UGLY
    I thought the lighting and acting sucked donkeys!

    Keep making movies. You should try two people talking in a room for five or ten minutes. Now for my meringue nest.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member tim partridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2004
    Posts
    81
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    More fantastic genre fun! [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks!

    Am I correct in guessing you used a little bit of Miles Goodman's "boredom cue" from his SCORE for Little Shop Of Horrors for a similar scene in your pic? If so, I take it that's a DVD rip?

    As always, it's really inspiring seeing so much love in the horror genre and the new blood to come!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member untamed_aggression's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2001
    Posts
    679
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You stole that music ...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, this is the temp scored version... my composer wasn't available until september then when he finally started writing, his computer exploded, taking his semi-finished cues with it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    Am I correct in guessing you used a little bit of Miles Goodman's "boredom cue" from his SCORE for Little Shop Of Horrors for a similar scene in your pic? If so, I take it that's a DVD rip?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You assume correctly, the DVD has an isolated score track that I wasted no time in ripping, since I've being dying for the score ever since I first saw the flick at about age 6.

    You should try two people talking in a room for five or ten minutes.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">If I could come up with an idea, I would. But most of my ideas revolve around a basic plot and three act structure. It's why I've not been able to enter many indie film competitions, since they mainly require their entries to be under 10 minutes. A couple of mates had written an EXCELLENT script called Bob and Doug are Metropolitan Policemen, which was indeed two people talking, but in a unmarked police car with a speed gun. But when I turned out to be busy, they went and shot it without me.... bastards.

    Appreciating the feedback guys, keep it coming....

    Also, if anyone's a member of the IMDB, do me a favour and drop by and review/rate it!

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 06, 2005 07:56 PM: Message edited by: Untamed Aggression ]</font>

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •